RRB (Railway Recruitment Board) is the organization of Government of India, Ministry of Railways. The organization has circulated the recruitment notice for the examination to be conducted for total 18,252 available seats in the organization. The position of Commercial Apprentice, Traffic Apprentice, Enquiry cum Reservation Clerk, Goods Guard, Junior Accounts Assistant cum Typist, Senior Clerk cum Typist, Assistant Station Master, Traffic Assistant and Senior Time Keeper. All the applicants interested for all the job profiles mentioned above must apply for it and start preparing for the examination to be conducted by the organization.
Examination Pattern (RRB- 2016)
The examination for RRB will comprise of four major parts (Technical and Non-Technical Examinations) via-
- General Awareness
- Mathematics/ Arithmetic
- General Intelligence, and
The examination will be of 100 marks in total. The categorization of marks section wise is as follows-
- General Awareness – 20 marks
- Mathematics / Arithmetic – 25 marks
- General Intelligence – 25 marks
- Reasoning – 50 marks
The examination will be “Online Exam Computer Based Test (CBT)” and total 90 minutes will be given to the applicants to solve it. The written exam will consist of 100 multiple choice questions. Each question carries one mark. Negative marking system for each question for which an incorrect answer has been given by the aspirant, 1/3 of the marks assigned to the MCQs question will be deducted as penalty to arrive to your obtained mark.
Syllabus (RRB 2016)
- General Awareness – The section of General knowledge comprises of Current Affairs, Book Authors, Abbreviations, Science & Inventions- Discoveries, Awards & Honours, International & National Organizations, National Budget etc.
- Arithmetic – This section contains all topics of Maths covered in any class till graduation. Data Interpretation/ Profit & Loss/ Simple Interest/ Mensuration/ HCF & LCM/ Time and Work/ Time and Distance/ Simplification/ Algebra/ Percentage/ Number System/ Decimal Fractions/ Unitary Method/ Compound Interest etc.
- General Intelligence – General Reasoning and Mental Ability based questions
- Reasoning – Age Calculations/ Direction Test/ Arithmetic Reasoning/ Problem of Age Calculations/ Number Ranking/ Coding Decoding/ Alphabet Series/ Decision Making/ Blood Relations/ Verbal Reasoning etc.